PySACView Project Site
Posted August 1, 2015
Python interface to the Seismic Analysis Code (SAC) file format. PySAC includes both a low-level array-based interface and an intuitive higher-level object-oriented interface to SAC files. Both support conversions to and from ObsPy Traces.
- Read and write SAC binary (little and big-endian) or ASCII evenly-sampled time-series
- autodetect or specify expected byteorder
- optional file size checking and/or header consistency checks
- header-only reading and writing
- "overwrite OK" checking ('lovrok' header)
- Convenient access and manipulation of relative and absolute time headers
- User-friendly header printing/viewing
- Fast access to header values from attributes
- With type checking, null handling, and enumerated value checking
- Convert to/from ObsPy Traces
- Conversion from ObsPy Trace to SAC trace retains detected previous SAC header values.
- Conversion to ObsPy Trace retains the complete SAC header.